CALL FOR PAPERS
Evolutionary Computation and Optimization Track
ACM SYMPOSIUM ON APPLIED COMPUTING (SAC 2000)
March 19-21, 2000
Villa Olmo, Como, ITALY
Over the past fourteen years, the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing has become a primary forum for applied computer scientists, computer engineers, software engineers and application developers from around the world to interact and present their work. SAC 2000 is sponsored by the ACM Special Interest Group on Applied Computing (SIGAPP). SAC 2000 is presented in cooperation with the ACM Special Interest Group on Biomedical Computing (SIGBIO) and the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Uses in Education (SIGCUE).
For additional information, please check the SAC web page:http://www.acm.org/conferences/sac/sac2000 and see the Ad for SAC2000 in June issue of Comm. ACM, p. 135.
SPECIAL TRACK ON EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION AND OPTIMIZATION
(Formally the Genetic Algorithms and Optimization Track)
Applications using evolutionary computation (genetic algorithms, genetic programming, etc.) and other optimization techniques is one of the major tracks in SAC 2000. This particular track has had enormous success in past years, and we anticipate another set of excellent papers for this conference. The purpose of this track is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, research, development activities, and applications among academicians and practitioners in the areas related to evolutionary computation and other optimization techniques in applications.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION (must be strictly followed):
Original unpublished papers dealing with any aspect of computing applications will be considered for presentation and publication in the SAC 2000 Proceedings. Accepted papers will be published in the ACM/SAC 2000 Conference Proceedings.
In order to facilitate the blind external review process, submission guidelines must be strictly adhered to:
- Submit 6 copies of your manuscript to the Evolutionary Computation Track Chair, Roger L. Wainwright (address is given below). The manuscript must clearly indicate that the paper is to be submitted to the EC Track.
- Author names and addresses MUST NOT appear in the body of the paper, self-reference must be in the third person, attribution to the author(s) must be in the form of "author", and bibliographical entries by the author(s) must also be in the form of "author".
- For review purposes, the body of the paper should not exceed 4,000 words (approximately 15 double-spaced pages, 12-point font size).
- A separate cover sheet should be attached to one of the copies, containing the title of the paper, the author(s) and affiliation(s), and the address (including e-mail address and fax number, if available) to which correspondence should be sent.
- Authors of accepted papers will be sent instructions for formatting final camera ready copy based on the ACM Proceedings Format.
- There is a set of templates to support this format for a number of document preparation systems available at http://www.acm.org/conferences/sac/sac2000/submission.html
- All submissions must be received by September 1, 1999.
- An electronic submission via e-mail is recommended for those outside of North America. The file format should be either PostScript or MS-Word or MS-Word RTF.
PANELS AND WORKSHOPS
Panel proposals are encouraged. Panels and workshops dealing with the state of the art in any aspect of Applied Computing are welcomed. Please send a brief abstract of the topic and the resume/vita of the moderator to the Program Chair by September 1, 1999.
SEPTEMBER 1, 1999 PAPER SUBMISSION
NOVEMBER 1, 1999 AUTHOR NOTIFICATION
DECEMBER 15, 1999 CAMERA-READY COPY DUE
MARCH 19, 2000 CONFERENCE BEGINS
EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION AND OPTIMIZATION TRACK CHAIR:
Roger L. Wainwright
Track Editor SAC 2000, Evolutionary Computation
Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
University of Tulsa
600 South College Ave.
Tulsa, OK USA 74104-3189
Ph: (918) 631-3143 Fax: (918) 631-3077
CO-CHAIR(EUROPE)FOR EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION AND OPTIMIZATION
Guenther R. Raidl
Department of Computer Science
Vienna University of Technology
Karlsplatz 13/1861, A-1040
Ph. +43(1)58801-18616; Fax +43(1)58801-18699